Tuesday, November 3, 2009

Cavalia

Last weekend I treated myself with a ticket to the Cavalia show at Atlantic Station. It's a new Cirque-like show, but with horses. So, of course I had to go see it! I wasn't feeling too great that day, so it was nice to have something fun to do for a couple of hours.

My seats were in the middle section, which actually afforded a very good view of all parts of the stage. It was two and a half hours of different acts that combined general riding, dressage, trick riding, lunging and acrobatics.

My favorite acts were the trick riding and the "communication" act. In the latter, one woman commanded the full attention of eight geldings (I'm guessing they were all geldings) for quite a length of time. The horses worked in groups of four, moving in a circle around the woman or the stage, and sometimes one group would do a turn while the other continued on around.

It was amazing to see how well the horses and riders worked together, so I knew that they all had very close relationships. It was also difficult at times to follow everything that was going on because I was trying to catch everything the horses were doing, but also pay attention to the human performers and their acrobatics.

The show I attended was a full house, so I'm going to say it's safe to assume that the rest of the shows will also be sold out. People in Atlanta really love this type of show, and it was definitely worth my money and time.

No comments:

Post a Comment