Friday, June 10, 2011

Shelving the Book Reviews

One of the characteristics of a blog that I love is change. I know that five years down the road, my current blog may have evolved in a completely different direction and it's exciting to know that I can tweak and hopefully perfect what I'm writing.

That being said, I've realized that while I personally love reading, writing book reviews hasn't been very inspiring for me the way that writing about my craft and cooking projects has been. 

I can trace this reluctance to my school days. I loved learning about new authors and classic literary works through our summer reading program, but I balked at the idea having to write papers about what I'd read.

So for now I'll put away my regular book reviews and reserve them for those books that inspire me enough to write about it. I hope everyone has a great weekend!

No comments:

Post a Comment